Art Advisory and Valuation Service
Specialising in Chinese Art
Please email all initial enquiries to: and if you are sending photographs, please send an image (around 1Mb) of each item of the front, back, sides and underside of the base and a close up if it has a reign or maker’s mark. Please include a brief description and the dimensions of each item.
Appointments can then be made by email or telephone.
FOR THE SELLER
As an impartial specialist advisor we:
- Give consideration to the timing and the best possible market for the sale of each item or collection.
- Offer access to the international market to maximise the potential value of each piece.
- Offer independent, impartial advice as to the best means of selling – Auction or private treaty to private clients or public institutions.
- Help you obtain a great deal from an auction house if selling a collection or a single item.
- Provide discreet personal service carefully guiding clients through the sale process.
FOR THE BUYER
As an independent and discreet buying agent:
- We can locate pieces to purchase by auction, through dealers or by private treaty.
- Give advice on the provenance, condition and rarity of pieces.
- Offer after sale service on shipping and insurance.
- Give independent advice on researching, developing and curating your collection.
Written valuations are provided for insurance, fair market value, probate and family division.
When compiling an inventory, each item is clearly described with its medium, style, date and measurement with an accompanying photograph and its auction, insurance, probate and fair market value where applicable. The valuation is then bound with its valuation certificate and two copies are given to the client.
Valuations are charged on a time basis.
When examining a piece or collection, it is important to give consideration to the condition of each object and we will make recommendations with regard restoration/conservation, their appropriate storage or display, as well as the ideal insurance cover to give the owner peace of mind.
Expertise assessments are written for clients on pieces to confirm or establish their attribution, dating and significance. This is charged on a time basis.